Undergraduate Freshman Applicants
You are a freshman applicant if…
You have completed 12 years of schooling and hold ONE of the following diplomas:
- High School Diploma.
- A minimum of five subjects at the Ordinary Level, and one subject at the Advanced Level, or two Advanced Subsidiary Level subjects, excluding languages.
- International Baccalaureate certificate from outside Lebanon.
- One year of the CEGEP (Collège d’enseignement général et professionnel) in Québec, Canada.
If you do not fit the above description, check if you are a sophomore applicant.
Before you apply
Step 1: Choose your track
It is important that you choose the right major by combining what you like to do with what you are good at. View the majors LAU offers, and if you need help with choosing your major, this page might help you. Since your are applying as a freshman, you will enroll either in the freshman Arts or freshman Science depending on the major you choose. Do not worry, if you are not certain about your choice of track, the below table will help you:
Step 2: Check the deadlines
|Admission for summer 2024
|April 30, 2024
|Late admission for fall 2024
|July 15, 2024
|Financial aid application for fall 2024 - New students
|May 31, 2024
|Athletic Scholarship for fall 2024
|April 15, 2024
All applicants are required to submit:
- A recent passport-size photo.
- A clear photocopy of your identity card or passport (of the nationality to be used in the registration process at LAU).
- A clear photocopy of your Family Civil Status record (For Lebanese and Arab nationals)
- Official transcript from schools you attended in the last three years. If your grades from the last year or semester are not available when you apply, they should be sent as soon as they are available.
- Certified copies of all official certificates or diplomas when available.
- Official SAT I scores. Learn how to send your SAT scores.
- Proof of English proficiency by submitting one of the below:
- Official scores of the TOEFL; LAU’s code is 2595
- Official scores of the IELTS
- English Entrance Exam (EEE) administered at LAU
- SAT I Writing section. Learn how to send your SAT scores
- SAT I Evidence-Based Reading and Writing. Learn how to send your SAT scores
- ACT Writing section; LAU’s code is 9015
- Duolingo English Test. Learn how to send your Duolingo English Test scores.
- Check the minimum required scores
- If you are a U.S citizen or U.S. Green Card holder you must submit along with the application the W-9S form that can be downloaded from the IRS website, with proof of your social security number. With this information, LAU is able to provide U.S. students (or parents of dependent students) with Form 1098-T that is used for American tax related purposes.
- Permission from the Equivalence Committee of the Lebanese Ministry of Education to enroll in the freshman program.
- Ability to declare a major in a B.A. or B.S. program and joining the sophomore class will only be done once you satisfy both 1) the Lebanese Baccalaureate equivalency requirements set by the Lebanese Ministry of Education and 2) the freshman requirements set by LAU.
- Only completed applications will be reviewed.
- Fulfillment of the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee admission.
- Admission is valid for one semester only.
- Transfer of applications from one campus to another or change of major are possible if the requests are made within the set deadlines.
- The Admissions Office reserves the right to verify and request original documents of all copies submitted.
Step 4: View the financial aid and scholarships packages
Learn how to finance your education at LAU.
How to apply
Step 1: Fill out and submit your application
Prepare your documents and apply online. You can do so through the LAU online application or via Common App:
- LAU online application: Application fee of $40 can be paid online using debit or credit cards (Visa or Mastercard only), or in cash through OMT or at BLOM Bank.
- LAU application via Common App: Application fee of $40 to be paid online.
Step 2: Activate your Portal
After you apply and you pay your application fees, you will receive an email within 3 to 10 working days to the email address you filled out in your admission application. This email will contain your unique username and tentative password and the steps you need to follow to activate your Portal account.
The LAU Portal is a personalized online platform, log in to be able to:
- view the admission decision,
- verify your application information,
- check missing and submitted documents,
- upload and submit missing or additional documents,
- apply for financial aid, scholarships, or housing,
- apply for the LAU English Entrance Exam (EEE) and view the results,
- check Important dates,
- learn more about your major,
- access your LAU email,
- connect with the Admissions officers,
- and much more…
Questions? Please contact the Admissions Office.
Step 3: Apply for financial aid and scholarships
Learn how to finance your education, and take a look at the financial aid and scholarships packages at LAU.
If you are an international student, please contact the Office of International Services for a smooth start.
On your Portal, view your admissions package:
- the major you are accepted to,
- acceptance letter,
- deposit payment form,
- financial aid/scholarships decisions,
- documents you need to fill out and submit,
- important dates for registration and orientation,
- and much more.
Questions? Please contact the Admissions Office.