University Admissions Council
The University Admissions Council (UAC) considers and makes recommendations on matters related to admission and enrollment. Working with schools and officers in charge of enrollment management, it will:
- Review and recommend amendments to the University Admissions policy.
- Give the policy and program guidance necessary for ensuring admission of qualified students in concurrence with the appropriate School Academic Council and in accordance with the University Enrollment Plan.
- Recommend admission policies and procedures in order to establish appropriate academic standards and provide equal opportunity for the admission of qualified students to the various academic programs.
- Constantly seek feedback from the different academic constituencies, evaluate the admission process, and make the necessary recommendations for its revision as appropriate.
The UAC is composed of two elected senators, one elected faculty member representing each distinct operating school, and one student representative selected by the University Student Council. The assistant vice president for University Enrollment Management and the directors of Admissions will serve as ex-officio non-voting member.
The elected senators and faculty members serve a three-year term. Membership on the council will be staggered.
Method of Operation
The council sends its recommendations to the Council of Deans and to the Student Affairs Council, and shall delegate a faculty member to serve on the University Admissions Committee.
- Dr. Tamara Abou Antoun (Pharmacy) Chair
- Dr. Chahid Akoury (Faculty Senate)
- Mr. Abed Al Wahab Al Firikh (Nursing)
- Mr. Abdo Ghie (ex-officio member, SDEM)
- Mrs. Nada Hajj (ex-officio member, SDEM)
- Dr. Mohammad Karaki (Business)
- Mrs. Ghada Naous (Arts & Sciences)
- Dr. Ama Sadaka (Medicine)
- Dr. Jason Steel (Faculty Senate)
- Dr. Joe Tekli (Engineering) Secretary
- Mr. Marwan Zouein (Architecture & Design)
- Ms. Razan Dbouk (student representative)
- Ms. Nour Fneish (student representative)