University Curriculum Council
The University Curriculum Council (UCC) reviews and recommends actions on curriculum-related requests and proposals received from appropriate bodies of the university. It will:
- Review all requests for changes in undergraduate curricula. Special attention and consideration will be given to the Liberal Arts Core Curriculum or to programs that have a cross-disciplinary nature.
- Establish and monitor a periodic review process of the Liberal Arts Core Curriculum in concurrence with the Council of Deans.
- Periodically review the Academic Rules and Regulations in concurrence with the appropriate university body.
- Recommend new ideas and techniques for increasing teaching and learning effectiveness.
- Review and recommend evaluation techniques and examinations to assess programs in terms of content, student ability, student achievement and teaching effectiveness.
The UCC is composed of two elected senators: one elected faculty member representing each distinct operating school, and one student representative selected by the University Student Council. The provost and the registrars will also be ex-officio non-voting members.
The elected senators and faculty members serve a three-year term. Membership on the council will be staggered.
Method of Operation
The council sends its recommendations to the Council of Deans.
- Dr. Ralph Abi Habib (Arts & Sciences) Chair
- Dr. Chahid Akoury (Architecture & Design)
- Dr. Puzant Balozian (Faculty Senate)
- Dr. Myrna Doumit (Nursing)
- Dr. Walid El Gammal (Business)
- Dr. Lama Mattar (Faculty Senate) Secretary
- Dr. Soumana Nasser (Pharmacy)
- Dr. Mazen Tabbara (Engineering)
- Mrs. Annie Lajinian-Magarian (ex-officio member, SDEM)
- Ms. Dina Nahle (ex-officio member, SDEM)
- Ms. Hadeel Deeb (student representative)
- Mr. Thomas El Khoury (student representative)