University Library and Information Resources Council
The University Library and Information Resources Council (ULIRC) evaluates activities of the library and academic IT services and recommends ways to improve them. It also provides faculty, students and staff with an environment that applies technology in support of the university’s mission. This council works closely with librarians and the assistant vice president for IT-CIO. More specifically, the council has the following duties:
- Recommending procedures for developing up-to-date libraries, academic IT services and university-wide systems.
- Assisting librarians in exploring possible cooperative arrangements with libraries of other institutions.
- Exploring ways of promoting use of the libraries and academic IT services and equipment.
- Developing standards for the study and measurement of resources and long-range plans of the university libraries and academic IT services and reviewing and evaluating annual library reports on the usage of these resources.
- Advising and consulting with librarians and AVP for IT-CIO on matters of policy and procedures.
The ULIRC is composed of one elected faculty member representing each distinct school, two elected senators, one undergraduate student selected by the University Student Council and one graduate student selected by the Graduate Students Council. The Head Librarian(s) and AVP for IT-CIO, and one Dean of Students constitute ex-officio members. Undergraduate and graduate student representation is determined according to the forthcoming bylaws on student governance.
Faculty and senate committee members serve a staggered three-year term, while students serve a one-year term.
Method of Operation
The council sends its recommendations to the Council of Deans and to the Student Affairs Council.
- Ms. Mira Abi Saad Youssef (Nursing) Chair
- Mr. Camille Abou Nasr (ex-officio member, IT)
- Dr. Rami El Ali (Faculty Senate)
- Ms. Cendrella Habre (ex-officio member, University Librarian)
- Dr. Abeer Hani (Medicine)
- Dr. Mostafa Harakeh (Business)
- Dr. Gebran Karam (Engineering)
- Mr. Joe Khalife (Faculty Senate)
- Dr. Yara Kuyumjian (Pharmacy) Secretary
- Ms. Marie-Therese Mitri (ex-officio member, Byblos Library)
- Dr. Sama Sleiman (Arts & Sciences)
- Ms. Hala Younes (Architecture & Design)
- Ms. Farah Khrazy (student representative)
- Ms. Carmen Bou Dargham (student representative)