University Council for Financial Aid
The University Council for Financial Aid (UCFA) recommends planning and evaluation policies and procedures governing the Financial Aid Program. The UCFA also:
- Recommends policies and procedures of the Financial Aid Program.
- Reviews financial aid office reports periodically and recommends appropriate actions.
- Serves as an appeals council on financial aid petitions.
- Provides advice to campus financial aid committees.
Implementation of financial aid will be entrusted to campus committees with a specific mandate, composition and operational procedures.
The UCFA is composed of one elected faculty member representing each distinct school, two elected senators, and one student selected by the University Students Council. The Financial Aid directors will also serve as ex-officio non-voting members.
Faculty and senate committee members shall serve a staggered three-year term, while students serve a one-year term.
Method of Operation
The council sends its recommendations to the Council of Deans and to the Student Affairs Council, and delegates faculty members to serve on the Financial Aid Committees on both campuses.
- Dr. Jean Chatila (Engineering) Chair
- Dr. Hussein Hassan (Arts & Sciences) representative in Beirut
- Dr. Ahmad Houri (Faculty Senate) Secretary
- Dr. Adbul-Nasser Kassar (Business)
- Ms. Roula El Khoury (Architecture & Design)
- Dr. Myriam El Khoury Malhame (Faculty Senate) representative in Byblos
- Dr. Hanine Mansour (Pharmacy)
- Dr. Ama Sadaka (Medicine)
- Mrs. Ghada Abi Fares (ex-officio member, SDEM)
- Mr. Abdo Ghie (ex-officio member, SDEM)
- Mr. Ibrahim Saad (student representative)
- Ms. Haya Shehimi (student representative)