University Research Council
The University Research Council (URC) develops and proposes policies and criteria through which a research atmosphere is created and encouraged in the university. More specifically, this council has the following duties:
- Recommending policies and procedures that encourage, strengthen and evaluate research in the university and foster a research spirit.
- Evaluating the overall situation of research at LAU and propose recommendations for improvement.
- Recommending the mechanism to assess excellence and contributions to research, training and collaborative research.
- Recommending policies and procedures for the management of grants, research funding and indirect costs.
- Supporting faculty research through recommendations for travel grants, summer grants, etc.
- Recommending workshops and training on subjects such as research grant proposal development and funding sources.
- Recommending policies on the propriety of all research projects involving human and animal subjects.
The URC is composed of faculty members of professorial rank, with a good scholarly record and at least three years experience at LAU. There will be one elected faculty member representing each distinct school, and two elected senators of the same qualifications. The Dean of Graduate Studies and Research will be an ex-officio member of this council.
Committee members serve a staggered three-year term.
Method of Operation
The council sends its recommendations to the Council of Deans.
- Dr. Jad Abdallah (Pharmacy)
- Dr. Mirvat El Sibai (Faculty Senate)
- Dr. Ali Fakih (Business)
- Dr. Abeer Hani (Medicine)
- Dr. Rony Khnayzer (Arts & Sciences)
- Dr. Samer Saab (ex-officio member, Interim Dean of Graduate Studies and Research)
- Dr. Yasmine Taan (Architecture & Design)
- Dr. Dani Tannir (Faculty Senate)
- Dr. Mahmoud Wazne (Engineering)