Apply as a Visiting Student
You are a visiting or study abroad student if you wish to study one semester or more at LAU and switch back to your institution.
Prepare Required Documents and Pass Tests
- One recent passport-size photo.
- A clear photocopy of your identity card or passport (should be the same as the nationality to be used in the registration process at LAU).
- A clear photocopy of your Family Civil Status record (For Lebanese and Arab nationals)
- Official updated university transcripts from all universities you attended, along with course descriptions of all completed courses Undeclared transcripts cannot be accepted after enrollment. Request your university to send us an official online copy of your transcript. If this option is not available at your university, upload a copy of your transcript in a one file document and request your university to mail your Official transcript to our mailing address.
- A copy of your official diploma, (Lebanese Baccalaureate, French, International Baccalaureate Diploma, High School Diploma, G.C.E.s etc.) and the official Lebanese Equivalence obtained from the Ministry of Education in Lebanon. A certified copy to be sent once available.
- If you have completed fewer than 30 credits, you must submit the copies of the transcripts of the last three years at school. The originals to be sent once available.
- You might be required to submit proof of English proficiency (depending on the university/college(s) you attended) by submitting ONE of the below or if you have not completed the equivalent of at least 12 credits.
- Official scores of the TOEFL; LAU’s code is 2595
- Official scores of the IELTS
- English Entrance Exam (EEE) administered at LAU
- SAT I Writing section (Learn how to send your SAT scores)
- ACT Writing section
- Check the minimum required scores
- If you are a U.S citizen or U.S. Green Card holder you must submit along with the application the W-9S form that can be downloaded from the IRS website, with proof of your social security number. With this information, LAU is able to provide U.S. students (or parents of dependent students) with Form 1098-T that is used for American tax related purposes.
- Online application with a non-refundable fee of $65 or LL100,000 paid online by a credit or a debit card (Visa or Mastercard only).
- Paper application with a non-refundable fee of $85 or LL129,000 paid in cash at the LAU cashier’s as per the schedule below:
Winter (September–May) 8:30 AM – 12 noon
1:00 – 3:30 PM
Summer (June–August) 8:30 AM – 1:00 PM
- Only completed applications will be reviewed.
- Fulfillment of the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee admission.
- Admission is valid for one semester only.
- Transfer of applications from one campus to another or change of major are possible if the requests are made within the set deadlines.
- The Admissions Office reserves the right to verify and request original documents of all copies submitted.