Apply to LAU


Transfer Applicants

You are a transfer applicant if you are enrolled in a college/university and want to switch to LAU. If you intend to take courses at LAU without completing a degree here, you are considered a “special” applicant instead.

Important Notes


1: Check the deadlines

Applying for… Deadline
Financial aid for fall 2020 - More info April 15, 2020
Athletic Scholarship for fall 2020 - More info April 15, 2020
Late admission for fall 2020 July 15, 2020


Full Scholarship: USAID Applications for Admission and Financial Aid Deadline
USAID USP Application for Admission and Financial Aid (Public and technical schools) April 15, 2020
Refugee/Displaced Scholarship Support (RSS) Application for Admission and Financial Aid  April 15, 2020


2: Prepare required documents and pass tests

  1. One recent passport-size photo.
  2. A clear photocopy of your identity card or passport (should be the same as the nationality to be used in the registration process at LAU).
  3. A clear photocopy of your Family Civil Status record (For Lebanese and Arab nationals)
  4. Official updated university transcripts from all the universities/colleges you attended, along with academic catalogs. Undeclared transcripts cannot be accepted after enrollment.
  5. A certified copy of your official diploma, (Lebanese Baccalaureate, French, International Baccalaureate Diploma, High School Diploma, G.C.E.s etc.) and the official Lebanese Equivalence obtained from the Ministry of Education in Lebanon.
  6. If you have completed fewer than 30 credits, you must submit the original transcripts of the last three years at school.
  7. Applicants to the School of Engineering must submit official transcripts of the last three years at school as well as the SAT scores.
  8. If you have completed the equivalent of at least 12 credits, you will not be required to sit for the SAT I or ACT; however, you might be required to submit proof of English proficiency (depending on the university/college(s) you attended) by submitting ONE of the below:

3: View additional requirements if you hold a High School Diploma or its equivalent

Students who hold a High School Diploma or its equivalent and are transferring to LAU should secure the below to be eligible to be accepted into a major rather than freshman.

Non-Lebanese students

Lebanese students

4: Check which credits can be transferred

For transfer students, 50% of the credits corresponding to the required major must be completed at LAU. Only courses with a grade “C” or “70” and above can be transferred. Transfer courses are noted on the transcript as T and are not included in the GPA computation.

Guidelines for students transferring from LOCAL universities to assess courses.

N.B.: The information above is a general guideline to help in assessing the equivalence of courses for students transferring from local universities in Lebanon to LAU. Please note that this guideline is not binding on the academic departments, as they may have additional factors to bring to the assessment of equivalence.

Transfer applicants from universities not recognized by LAU:

Transfer students coming from an institution of higher education not recognized by LAU* may be conditionally accepted after satisfying the English requirements for admission at LAU. If accepted, their admission will be for a probation period with no transfer of credits. They must complete 12 new credits in the first semester of enrollment at LAU, 6 of which must be major courses, and achieve a minimum GPA of 2.50/4.00. Then, they may petition to the school concerned for transfer of credits if applicable.

*Contact the Admissions Office to learn whether your university is recognized by LAU.

5: Submit a complete application


A maximum of 6 graduate credits for 30-credit programs and a maximum of 9 graduate credits for 39-credit programs may be transferred from another institution recognized* by LAU, or between LAU graduate programs.

Except where otherwise specified, a maximum of 6 graduate credits taken as an undergraduate at LAU in the student’s last year, over and above the total number of credits required for graduation, may be transferred. Only courses where a grade of B or above was earned may be transferred. Transferred credits should not have been used for another degree that was a prerequisite for admission to the graduate program in which a student is enrolled.

A request for the transfer of credits should be filed at the Registrar’s Office during the student’s first semester. The petition will be reviewed by the relevant department or school, and you will be notified.

*Contact the Admissions Office to learn whether your university is recognized by LAU.

Follow the graduate application process